• 65
  • Home
  • Print this page
  • Email this page
Home About us Editorial board Search Ahead of print Current issue Archives Submit article Instructions Subscribe Contacts Login 
Year : 2014  |  Volume : 9  |  Issue : 3  |  Page : 130-131

Accidental carbon monoxide poisoning in a family of six: Diagnosis and treatment challenges in a resource limited setting

1 Department of Paediatrics, Aminu Kano Teaching Hospital/Bayero University, Kano, Nigeria
2 Department of Nursing, Aminu Kano Teaching Hospital, Kano, Nigeria

Correspondence Address:
I Aliyu
Department of Paediatrics, Aminu Kano Teaching Hospital/Bayero University, Kano
Login to access the Email id

Source of Support: None, Conflict of Interest: None

DOI: 10.4103/9783-1230.144776

Rights and Permissions

Carbon monoxide poisoning occurs worldwide; it is produced from incomplete combustion of fuel and the clinical features vary with the severity and severe cases may present with loss of consciousness as was seen in a family of six children who slept in an overcrowded room, polluted with burning charcoal which was meant to generate heat for warmth. Definitive diagnosis and management may be challenging in a resource limiting setting with limited facilities; however, they all responded to 100% oxygen with facemask without any complication.

Print this article     Email this article
 Next article
 Previous article
 Table of Contents

 Similar in PUBMED
   Search Pubmed for
   Search in Google Scholar for
 Related articles
 Citation Manager
 Access Statistics
 Reader Comments
 Email Alert *
 Add to My List *
 * Requires registration (Free)

 Article Access Statistics
    PDF Downloaded87    
    Comments [Add]    

Recommend this journal