Detailed Description of a Successful Outpatient Taper of Phenobarbital Therapy
Kristi Geurian, PharmD;
Ilene Burns, MD
Arch Fam Med. 1994;3(5):458-460.
Article references have been provided for searching and linking. Additional reference information may be available in the article PDF.
1. Jenike MA. Geriatric Psychopharmacology. Littleton, Mass: John Wright—PSG Inc; 1985:119.
2. Gilman AG, Rall TW, Nies AS, Taylor P, eds. The Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics. 8th ed. Elmsford, NY: Pergamon Press Inc; 1990:362. 3. Oles KS, Gal P, Penry JK, Tapscott WK. Use of antiepileptic drugs in the elderly population. Pub Health Rep. 1987;102:335-337.
4. Gardner AJ. Withdrawal fits in barbiturate addicts. Lancet. 1967;1:337-338.
5. Morgan NC. Psychosis resulting from barbiturate withdrawal. JAMA. 1952;149:759-760.
FREE FULL TEXT
6. Epstein RS. Withdrawal symptoms from chronic use of low-dose barbiturates . Am J Psychiatry. 1980;137:107-108.
7. Olin BR, ed. Drug Facts and Comparisons. St Louis, Mo: Facts and Comparisons Inc; 1986:275c. 8. McEvoy GK, ed. American Hospital Formulary Service Drug Information. Bethesda, Md: American Society of Hospital Pharmacists Inc; 1993:1398.