AIDS Hot Lines and Information Agencies
The Consistency of Their Information
John D. Baxter, MD;
Stephen J. Gluckman, MD
Arch Fam Med. 1994;3(5):429-436.
Article references have been provided for searching and linking. Additional reference information may be available in the article PDF.
1. Randall T. CDC's hot line: 'America responds to AIDS.' JAMA. 1990;263:2587-2588.
FREE FULL TEXT
2. Marin G, Marin BV. Perceived credibility of channels and sources of AIDS information among Hispanics. AIDS Educ Prev. 1990;2:154-161.
3. Waller RR, Lisella LW. National AIDS hotline: HIV and AIDS information service through a toll-free telephone system. Public Health Rep. 1991;106:628-634.
4. US Public Health Service. Information/Education Plan to Prevent and Control AIDS in the United States. March 1987. 5. Rosenbaum A, Calhoun JF. The use of the telephone hotline in crisis intervention: a review. J Community Psychol. 1977;5:325-339.
6. Wark V. A look at the work of the telephone counseling center. Personnel Guidance J. 1982;61:110-112.
7. Eldridge B, Neary C, Furrer S. Nutritional care in AIDS. In: Mahan LK, Arlin M, eds. Krause's Food, Nutrition, and Diet Therapy. 8th ed. Philadelphia, Pa: WB Saunders Co; 1992:650-651. 8. Bove JR. Transfusion-associated hepatitis and AIDS: what is the risk? N Engl J Med. 1987;317:242-245.
9. US Public Health Service. Understanding AIDS. 1988. 10. Horsburgh CR Jr, Ou CY, Jason J, et al. Duration of human immunodeficiency virus infection before detection of antibody. Lancet. 1989;2:637-640.
11. Centers for Disease Control. Recommendations for prevention of HIV transmission in health-care settings. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 1987;36(suppl_2S):3-18.
12. Hickman M, Mortimer JY, Rawlinson V. Donor screening for HIV: how many false negatives? Lancet. 1988;1:1221.
13. Ward JW, Holmberg SD, Allen JR, et al. Transmission of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) by blood transfusions screened as negative for HIV antibody. N Engl J Med. 1988:318:473-478.
14. Centers for Disease Control. Perspectives in disease prevention and health promotion: Public Health Service guidelines for counseling and antibody testing to prevent HIV infection and AIDS. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 1987;36:509-515.
15. Auerbach I, Corrillo H, Schwartz R. AIDS Hotline Training Manual. San Francisco, Calif: San Francisco AIDS Foundation; August 1991:47-51. 16. US Public Health Service. Caring for Someone With AIDS. May 1991. 17. Kaslow RA, Blackwelder WC, Ostrow DG, et al. No evidence for a role of alcohol or other psychoactive drugs in accelerating immunodeficiency in HIV-1 positive individuals: a report from the Multicenter AIDS Cohort Study. JAMA. 1989;261:3424-3429.
FREE FULL TEXT