The Role and Value of Pharmaceutical Marketing
Richard Levy, PhD
Arch Fam Med. 1994;3(4):327-332.
Article references have been provided for searching and linking. Additional reference information may be available in the article PDF.
1. The Boston Consulting Group. The Changing Environment for U.S. Pharmaceuticals: The Role of Pharmaceutical Companies in a Systems Approach to Health Care. New York, NY: The Boston Consulting Group; 1993:70.
2. Hearings Before the Committee on Labor and Human Resources, US Senate (December 11-12, 1990) (testimony of D. G. Watson). 3. Kessler D. Drug promotions and scientific exchange. N Engl J Med. 1991;325:201-203.
4. Drug Marketing, Advertising and Communications Selected Calendar 1992 Information and Accomplishment Data of the Center for Drug Evaluation and Research. Washington, DC: US Dept of Health and Human Services; 1993. 5. Dougherty MJ. Assuring the value of marketing. Presented at the Pharmaceutical Manufacturers Association Annual Marketing Section Meeting; April 4-7, 1993; Tucson, Ariz. 6. Pharmaceutical Manufacturers Association. Promotion Practices in the Pharmaceutical Industry. Washington, DC: Pharmaceutical Manufacturers Association; 1991. 7. Kolassa M. Reductions in Pharmaceutical Price Growth: An Assessment of the List Price Changes in the U.S. Pharmaceutical Market 1989 to 1992. Oxford: Research Institute of the Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Mississippi; 1993. 8. Beckwith C, Munger MA. Effect of angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors on ventricular remodeling and survival following myocardial infarction. Ann Pharmacother. 1993;27:755-766.
9. McAllister JC, deLeon RF, Guerci AD, Ross AM. t-PA: cost effectiveness and formulary considerations. Clin Courier. 1989;7:1-8.
10. Greenberg PE, Stiglen LE, Finkelstein SN, Berndt ER. The economic burden of depression in 1990. J Clin Psychiatry. 1993:54:405-418.