Involvement With the Psychosocial Concerns of Patients
Observations of Practicing Family Physicians on a University Faculty
M. Kim Marvel, PhD
Arch Fam Med. 1993;2(6):629-633.
Article references have been provided for searching and linking. Additional reference information may be available in the article PDF.
1. Engel GL. The need for a new medical model: a challenge for biomedicine. Science. 1977;196:129-136.
FREE FULL TEXT
2. Campbell TL. Family's impact on health: a critical review. Fam Syst Med. 1986;4:135-328.
3. Christie-Seely J, Guttman H. The relevance of the family to medical outcomes. In: Christie-Seely J, ed. Working With the Family in Primary Care: A Systems Approach to Health and Illness. New York, NY: Praeger Publishers; 1984:160-170. 4. Hansen JP, Bobula J, Meyer D, Kushner K, Pridham K. Treat or refer: patients' interest in family physician involvement in their psychosocial problems. J Fam Pract. 1987;24:499-503.
5. Kushner K, Meyer D, Hansen M, Bobula J, Hansen J, Pridham K. The family conference: what do patients want? J Fam Pract. 1986;23:463-467.
6. Gerbert B, Stone G, Stulbarg M, Gullion DS, Greenfield S. Agreement among physician assessment methods: searching for the truth among fallible methods. Med Care. 1988;26:519-535.
7. Crouch MA, McCauley J. Family awareness demonstrated by family practice residents: physician behavior and patient opinions. J Fam Pract. 1985;20:281-284.
8. Crouch MA, McCauley J. Interviewing style and response to family information by family practice residents. Fam Med. 1986;18:15-18.
9. Marvel MK, Doherty WJ, Baird MA. Levels of physician involvement with the psychosocial concerns of individual patients: a developmental model. Fam Med. In press. 10. Doherty WJ, Baird MA. Developmental levels in family-centered medical care. Fam Med. 1986;18:153-156.
11. Marvel MK, Morphew PK. Levels of family involvement by resident and attending physicians. Fam Med. 1993;25:26-30.
12. Stuart MR, Lieberman JA. The Fifteen Minute Hour: Applied Psychotherapy for the Primary Care Physician. New York, NY: Praeger Publishers; 1986.