Cervical Cancer Screening
Daron G. Ferris, MD
Arch Fam Med. 1993;2(11):1114.
Article references have been provided for searching and linking. Additional reference information may be available in the article PDF.
1. Ruffin MT. Cervical cancer screening: issues of collection tools and reporting. Arch Fam Med. 1993;2:261-263.
FREE FULL TEXT
2. Boon ME, de Graff Guilloud JC, Rietveld WJ. Analysis of five sampling methods for the preparation of cervical smears. Acta Cytol. 1988;33:843-848.
3. Hutchinson M, Fertitta I, Goldbaum B, et al. Cervex-Brush and cytobrush: comparison of their ability to sample abnormal cells for cervical smears. J Reprod Med. 1991;36:581-586.
4. McCord ML, Stovall TG, Meric JL, Summitt RL, Coleman SA. Cervical cytology: a randomized comparison of four sampling methods. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1992;166:1772-1779.
5. Boon ME, Alons-van Kordelaar JJM, Rietveld-Scheffers PEM. Consequences of the introduction of combined spatula and cytobrush sampling for cervical cytology: improvements in smear quality and detection rates. Acta Cytol. 1986;30:264-270.
6. Selvaggi SM. Spatula/cytobrush vs spatula/cotton swab detection of cervical condylomatous lesions. J Reprod Med. 1989;34:629-633.
7. Alons-van Kordelaar JJM, Boon ME. Diagnostic accuracy of squamous cervical lesions studied in spatula-cytobrush smears. Acta Cytol. 1988;32:801-804.
8. Ferris DG, Berrey MM, Ellis KE, Petry LJ, Voxnaes J, Beatie RT. The optimal technique for obtaining a Papanicolaou smear with the Cervex-Brush. J Fam Pract. 1992;34:276-280.